Tuesday, July 15, 2008

More Pain and Still No Answers

Today I woke up is so much pain. I laid in bed and watched my Friends DVD's. At around 11am Heath called me and told me not to wait for the doctor's office to call and to call them. I did and talked to a medical assistant. I explained what was going on. She proceeded to ask whether I thought it was a GI problem or something else. I told her I didn't know I am not a doctor. She then asked what my opinion was. I told her I didn't know. All I knew was that I was in more pain after the procedure. She told me she would talk to the doctor and call me back. By 3 she had not called back so I called again. I was put on hold for 10 minutes and then the phone hung up on me. I called back. Finally talked to the medical assistant. She told me the doctor did not believe it was a GI problem. He wanted me to have a urinalysis to see if it might be a kidney problem and to make an appointment with my primary care physician. I have an appointment with my PCP tomorrow morning. Hopefully he can refer me to a doctor that can find out what is wrong. I am suppose to go to work on Thursday, hopefully the pain will be bearable I can go to work.

Heath sent me a list of GI doctors in Salt Lake City so I can find a new one. I already have I just couldn't get an appointment until the 31st. Hopefully I can get some answers tomorrow. The Lortab is helping a little. Hopefully I can go to sleep soon. I am going to stop writing for now.

1 comment:

Wondering said...

Jen, I was googling and came across your website. I was diagnosed with MS just this April, 2008, so I am just now starting to search around for alternative treatments. I noticed your last blog was mid July and you were not doing well. Hopefully things are better. Have you tried the MS Diet yet? My niece gave me info on this treatment. It's a tough diet but does make sense to me. Let me know if you are interested and I'll fill you in,... or else google it. There is a book on it and recipes etc. It's a tough diet, but worth a month of your time to see if it works.