Thursday, November 15, 2007

Avonex Makes My Leg Hurt and Gabapentin makes me really Dizzy!

This new medicine gabapentin is not working and only makes me tired and dizzy. So I am going to talk to the doctor tomorrow so I can get a different medicine. I was so dizzy this morning I probably shouldn't have been driving. I felt so dizzy I was running into things at work and practically falling asleep standing up. I don't think I will take the medicine tonight. The other thing that sucked this week was my leg hurt really bad from my Avonex shot. My leg didn't start hurting until Tuesday, (I had my shot on Saturday) I tried to ice it but that didn't help. My Avonex nurse said it sounded to her like I was not high enough on my leg. The shot had been given in the side of my thigh. So I guess Heath will have to go higher next time. Anyway my leg hurt for 2 days and now its fine. The first day it hurt it was really painful. Every step I took hurt. The second day wasn't so bad.
This weekend should be really fun. Heath and I are going to a ice skating event at the Energy Solutions arena (its where the Utah Jazz play) and we get the IMFT suite. Heath won the tickets at work. I can't wait it will be so much fun.
Next Tuesday we leave for Oregon. Its going to lots of fun too, I get to see all my family and spend Thanksgiving with them. We are suppose to have dinner at my Grandma's, I am really looking forward to it.
Only one more day of work this week. I am really happy about that too 2 days off then work 2 and then 5 days off. A nice little vacation. Well nothing else to report.

No comments: