Monday, December 3, 2007

Trying To Have a Better Attitude

This week I realized I was having a really bad attitude about everything. Heath and I went to Oregon and it didn't go the way I hoped. We got back and I went to my Doctor's appointment and he didn't really give me good news. He basically told me these are my good days with the headaches and all the other fun symptoms I am having. The lesions I have now have created a lot of damage and its permanent. This as good as I am going to feel. Well hearing that really didn't put me in a positive state of mind. So I wasn't having a positive attitude, which I need to have with this disease.

The Doctor also gave me another prescription to try. I haven't filled it yet because I am sick of dealing with side effects. I am going to fill it this weekend. He told me to take it a Friday or Saturday night so I don't have to go to work dealing with the side effects.

My goal this week is to stay positive and not look at the negative of everything like I did last week. The week is starting out well; I have to have my ingrown toenail removed, but I can find a positive in that it won't hurt anymore. Also because of the appointment I got to leave work at 3pm. They couldn't do it today because the instruments weren't sterilized so I got home at 4:20. It was nice to get home early. I was also able to get $38 out of my apartment complex because they overcharged us. There is several positive things about this week. Also my company Christmas party is on Saturday night which means a bonus and a free meal. Another positive thing to look forward to. That's it for now, off to soak my toe again....

1 comment:

Heath A. Wilkinson said...

We all get down on ourselves and the ones we love most; it's easy because we count on them being able to take it, understand it, and help us through it.

I'm sorry things went like they did in Oregon. Everyone has to deal with their own issues but I know you were looking for a different reception.

Anyway, this is a good exercise in counting your blessings this week. You even remembered to be thankful for the little things which we all need to do; certainly me included.

We have ALOT to be thankful for. If you need help remembering, let me know and I'll help you. :)