Saturday, October 11, 2008

MS Anniversary, and finally the Pill-Cam Test

Yesterday was my one year anniversary of being diagnosed with MS. Nothing really significant. October 9th was a good day though. After 8 months of side pain and dealing with trying to get the Pill-Cam test approved I finally get to have the test. My secondary insurance is going to cover it. My primary insurance still won't even after 3 different doctors had requested for a total of 5 times. It absolutely amazing to me that an insurance company would deny a test 5 times when 3 doctors had requested it. Anyone reading this who has a choice between Altius or some other insurance company do not choose Altius. They are the worse insurance company I have ever had to deal with. Their whole stance on this test is it is investigational therefore they should not have to pay for it. Every test I have ever had has been investigational, but what do I know, I am not a medical director determining people's fate based on very little information.

Anyway I am finally having this test after 8 months of pain. Last week the pain moved to my left side also, I must be getting better lol. I mean pain spreading has to be a good sign. Ok I am being sarcastic. The test is happening Monday I have to work but it was the only day they could do it or I would have to wait another 2 weeks. I am not waiting any longer. I spoke to my boss and he is going to let me leave to go have the procedure done. I have to swallow the pill and then hooked up with electrodes. I have to wear some sort of belt, but I don't care I want this test done so I can finally know if this is a GI problem or something else, in which case I can go to another doctor. My GI doctor still believes it is a GI problem so hopefully they will find something so this pain will go away. Well I am tired of writing.

1 comment:

Medical Information said...

Through a recent study, it has been found that a miniscule video camera implanted inside a pill could spot unusual growths in the colon or rectal region, but not as accurate as colonoscopy does. A scientist have stated that pillcam colon was safe, and can visualise the colon. If its really effective, then one can go for it. For more details on it, refer Colorectal cancer