Saturday, December 8, 2007

A lot of Good days, One Bad Day and Reflecting on life

Today was a very good day. Heath and I helped out 2 kids who don't have very much. At the bank there was an angel tree with children's names that needed things like clothes and shoes. What we got them was the only thing they would get for Christmas. We had a 7 year old girl and a 4 year old boy. We bought them clothes and toys. It felt so good to give gifts to children that had very little. It was so fun to pick little outfits out for the girl and the boy. We also got them some toys. Since I can't have children it was so fun to shop for a child.

Tonight was my company Christmas party. We went to Little America Restaurant in Salt Lake City. They had really good food. The President of my company came out, we all got gift cards to Walmart and then we each got to draw an envelope. I got another gift card to Home Depot. All and all a really good night.

I have been doing pretty well trying to have a better attitude. I am trying to stay as positive as possible. The week went really well up until Thursday. I have been feeling pretty good overall. Thursday came along and I had vertigo and felt nauseated all day long. Work and school were very difficult. I couldn't keep my eyes open in class because the room was spinning so bad. I actually ended up falling asleep because of the vertigo. I came back to work and just tried to make it through the rest of the day. I left at 4pm. When I got home I just went to sleep. I felt much better on Friday.

I had a lot of good days this week and only one bad one. In staying with my positive attitude, I am really lucky I only had one bad day this week. One bad day in 7 is not bad. Hopefully I won't have any bad days next week, but if I do I need to always look at the positive I only had one bad day not 7. I am going to try and write all the positive things that happen to me on a daily or weekly basis, because it will keep things in perspective for me. I am a very lucky person, I know there are people out there who have more bad days then good who have this disease. I am very lucky because my good days out number my bad days. Hopefully they always will, but if the tide turns I will still look at what was good about my bad days because having a positive attitude is the only way to approach this disease. Before I was diagnosed I had a very negative attitude about a lot of things, so one good thing about having this disease is I am learning to have a better attitude about everything.

Having MS has changed a lot of things in my life, I have to have a shot every week, I usually spend Sunday's sleeping most of the day, I have days where my head hurts all day long, but I am not going to let that keep me from doing the things I want to do in my life. Yes things in my life are different then they were a year ago but that's ok. I have a good life even with this disease. I have a wonderful, supportive husband, a great job, and friends and family who love and care about me. I definitely didn't want this disease, but I have it and I can't change that, so I am going to make the best of it by staying positive and living life to the fullest.

No comments: